Your COI Quick Guide
You are building your business for success. As your company grows, you naturally take on bigger responsibilities, a larger workforce, and more liabilities to track. Whether you operate single or multiple locations, there’s one fact that remains. Exposed third-party liabilities could shut it all down. Having this quick guide is a valuable tool to help protect your assets.
Check your certificate. A certificate of insurance has sections for the different types of insurance: general liability, auto, umbrella, worker’s compensation. Here is a checklist to get you started.
1. Name of Insured
2. Location/mailing address
3. Policy number & term dates
4. Liability limits & boxes checked for all required coverage
5. Required wording for additional insured and waiver of subrogation
6. Attached endorsements
7. Name and address of certificate holder
8. Insurer & agent’s information
9. Issue date of Certificate of Insurance
Important Note: There are details particular to each type of business and the operations they perform. Ask an agent about your obligations or contact us with questions.